After Sun Soothing Spray with Essential Oils
We’ve had a total blast in the sun the last few days. Tiny shoulders and backs got a wee bit pink, so I gave them a quick spray with this diluted blend of essential oils. They had no discomfort and it faded fast. Bonus – smells amazing! It can be kept in the fridge to make it extra soothing.
This blend contains Lavender, Frankincense, Geranium and Peppermint. These essential oils are great for calming, cooling, and soothing skin, but can be used for many other things as well.
- Widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities.
- Soothes occasional skin irritations.
- Reduces appearance of skin imperfections.
- Helps to ease feelings of tension.*
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet for a restful night’s sleep.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
- Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck.
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Take internally to reduce anxious feelings.*
- Take internally for a peaceful sleep.*
- Take one to two drops in a Veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.*
- Add to moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes and to rejuvenate the skin.
- When traveling somewhere dry, apply Frankincense to maintain healthy looking fingernails.
- Apply to the bottom of your feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
- After a day of outdoor activity, massage Frankincense into hands and feet for a warming and soothing effect.
- Apply directly to skin or enjoy an aromatherapy steam facial to beautify skin.
- Apply to skin after a shower for a smoothing effect.
- Add a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner for a healthy, vibrant glow.
- Apply under your arms after a sweaty workout or a day in the sun.
- Place one drop in the palm of your hands, rub hands together, and cup over nose and mouth and breathe slowly for a calming, grounding effect.
- Naturally repels insects.
- Rub on temples after you wake up for a morning energy boost.
- Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy.
- Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
- Promotes digestive health.*
- Place one drop in your mouth to help freshen breath.
- Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
- Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- Helps reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.*
- Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing.*
- Commonly found in oral health products.
- Promotes feelings of clear airways and easy breathing when diffused.
- Blends well with Lavender for a soothing massage blend.
- Add to cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when overheated.
- Inhale for a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me up on long drives.
- Add to shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating hair massage.
- Repels bugs naturally.
- Spritz around windows and doors.
- Diffuse during study-time.
- Apply topically to relieve feelings of tension.
Essential Oil After Sun Spray Recipe:
2 oz glass spray bottle
10 drops Lavender
10 drops Frankincense
5 drops Geranium
3 drops Peppermint
Top with FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil). Shake and spray as needed!
Have a friend who lives to play hard in the sun? Feel free to tag them! ☀️
It’s important not to use just any essential oils on your skin. Some may contain toxins, sythetics, or pesticides. Want more info on my trusted essential oil brand? Click here!