Before oils, Bathroom Cleaning Day, step by step:
- Open all bathroom windows
- Banish the kids
- Close the door
- Turn on the fan
- Cover my nose with my shirt
- Spray toxic fumes onto item being cleaned
- Give a quick scrub and run out of the bathroom before my eyes start to burn
- Loathe going back in to give a final scrub and rinse
- Keep fan on for a few hours to get rid of most of the “clean” smell…
- Go as long as possible before having to repeat
This was my cleaning life before I was introduced to natural, highly effective DIY cleaners that make cleaning enjoyable, fun, and family friendly.
This is what cleaning looks like in our home now:
- Get out my ingredients
- Mix up a batch of incredible smelling cleaner that kicks some serious grime booty, but is safe enough to eat (not that it would taste good.)
- Invite the kids to be part of the cleaning process
- Watch them LOVE cleaning the toilet (let’s hope that sticks, eh?)
- Enjoy a very FRESH, truly CLEAN bathroom that smells INCREDIBLE
Peeked your interest? Try this super simple recipe and let me know what you think!
DIY Soft Scrub Cleaner Recipe
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 TBSP liquid Castile soap
- 10 drops doTERRA Lemon eo
- 10 drops doTERRA Melaleuca eo
Combine all ingredients in a glass dish or metal bowl. To use, I take a spoon and drip it around the top of the toilet bowl, then use a scrub brush to scrub it around. Let sit for maybe 30 seconds, and flush.
DONE. How easy was that?? If you would like to learn more about the quality and safety differences between essential oil brands, you can read more here. If you don’t have doTERRA oils, but would LOVE to start your collection, check out my Get Started page, or shoot me an email so we can get you everything you need for your specific needs.