I’ve really been enjoying breakfasts lately. Between omelets, granola, and now these pancakes, the first meal of the day is turning into my favorite meal of the day! These babies are packed with whole grains and lots of protein (around 15 grams per pancake) — such a great way to start your day!
Usually I’m a bit skeptical of things that call for protein powder. I’m not a fan of any flavor of the stuff (the smell sometimes makes me gag a bit), but these flapjacks are incredible! Super fluffy, majorly filling and wholesome, these are the new go-to pancakes at our house.
- ¼ cup oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup 100% whey vanilla protein powder
- A sprinkle of Stevia Powder
- Cinnamon to taste
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 Tbsp full-fat plain yogurt
- Preheat non-stick griddle (or griddle with a swipe of oil) to 375°.
- In a medium size bowl, mash banana.
- Add oats, flour, protein powder, Stevia, cinnamon and baking powder making sure the baking powder doesn’t touch the banana. Stir the dry ingredients together well before mixing everything in the bowl together.
- Add egg and yogurt. Mix well.
- Spoon onto preheated griddle. I used a 1/3 cup for each pancake, but you can make them as big as you like.
- When you see bubbles on top of the pancakes, flip them over and cook a few more minutes.
- Top with whatever you prefer! We love them with applesauce and berries =)