Ok, this is a super awesome Pintrest find that I can take absolutely no credit for whatsoever. I wasn’t even going to make a post about it, but after tasting it, I had to share just in case some of you haven’t seen it!
This literally takes two minutes to mix together, then let it sit overnight, and bake it the next morning. Probably took me 5 minutes to get it all ready to bake this morning.
Why pay $5-7 for a loaf of artisan bread when you can make it so easily at home? This, my friends, is a recipe I see myself repeating MANY times over 🙂
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast.
- Add water and mix until a shaggy mixture forms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12 – 18 hours. Overnight works great.
- The next morning, heat oven to 450 degrees. When the oven has reached 450 degrees place a cast iron pot with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, pour dough onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let set while the pot is heating.
- Remove hot pot from the oven and drop in the dough. Cover and return to oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
SO EASY! You can easily mix in any combo of flavors you like – cinnamon raisin, cranberry pecan, cheddar, Parmesan basil…whatever you can think up! For a list of more ideas, as well as to see the original recipe, visit here.