This is my husband’s favorite recipe. Bar none. He hardly ever requests a recipe, but this one and banana protein pancakes are the exception.
This chicken is simply divine. It’s tender and juicy, with deep, earthy and warm spices. It’s perfect on cold winter days, or in the fall when the leaves are covering the ground in glorious reds, oranges and yellows. It’s also incredibly quick and easy to whip up. You’ve got to give this a try!
I was cooking for a crowd, so I had LOTS of chicken in my pan. You can leave them as whole breasts, but I prefer to cut them in 1 inch strips to speed cooking time and allow for better portion control.
Start cooking up some rice. I was thrilled when I found this amazing blend at Costco. It was hearty and rich with lots of good fiber, but light enough for my Jasmine-rice-lovin’ husband!
Whisk together a thick sauce of honey, curry powder, Dijon mustard, oil (or butter, if you prefer) and salt. Pour it over your chicken pieces and pop it in the oven for 30-45 minutes (60-75 minutes if you leave them as whole chicken breasts.)
Serve over the creamy, hearty rice. Make sure to spoon LOTS of the yummy sauce over it too. Yummo.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Start your rice, cooking according to package directions.
- Slice chicken breasts into 1-inch strips. Place in a single layer in a 9×13 pan.
- Mix honey, oil, mustard, salt and curry powder together until well combined and thick. Pour over the chicken, coating all pieces.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, basting occasionally. I always cut into a small piece to make sure it’s no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve chicken over rice. Top with lots of sauce and enjoy!